Traventura A unit Of Vedant Asset Private Limited (hereinafter “Traventura”) recognizes the importance of privacy of its users and also of maintaining confidentiality of the information provided by its users as a responsible data controller and data processer.
Please note that the data shared with Traventura shall be primarily processed in India and such other jurisdictions where a third party engaged by Traventura may process the data on Traventura’s behalf. By agreeing to this policy, you are providing Traventura with your explicit consent to process your personal information for the purpose(s) defined in this policy. The data protection regulations in India or such other jurisdictions mentioned above may differ from those of your country of residence.
If you have any concerns in the processing your data and wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so by writing to the following email id: email@example.com. However, if such processing of data is essential for us to be able to provide service to you, then we may not be able to serve or confirm your bookings after your withdrawal of consent. For instance, if you want to book any international holiday package in fixed departures (group bookings), then certain personal information of yours like contact details, gender, dietary preferences, choice of room with smoking facility, any medical condition which may require specific attention or facility etc. may have to be shared by us with our vendors in each city where you will stay, and they may further process this information for making suitable arrangements for you during the holiday. Such sharing and processing of information may extend to the hotel where you will stay or the tour manager who will be your guide during the travel.
A withdrawal of consent by you for us to process your information may:
- severely inhibit our ability to serve you properly and in such case, we may have to refuse the booking altogether, or
- unreasonably restrict us to service your booking (if a booking is already made) which may further affect your trip or may compel us to cancel your booking.
The information as detailed below is collected for us to be able to provide the services chosen by you and also to fulfill our legal obligations as well as our obligations towards third parties as per our User Agreement.
"Personal Information" of User shall include the information shared by the User and collected by us for the following purposes:
Registration on the Website: Information which you provide while subscribing to or registering on the Website, including but not limited to information about your personal identity such as name, gender, marital status, religion, age etc., your contact details such as your email address, postal addresses, frequent flyer number, telephone (mobile or otherwise) and/or fax numbers. The information may also include information such as your banking details (including credit/debit card) and any other information relating to your income and/or lifestyle; billing information payment history etc. (as shared by you).
Other information: We many also collect some other information and documents including but not limited to:
- Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities, buying behavior.
- Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services.
- Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
- Data available in public domain or received from any third party including social media channels, including but not limited to personal or non-personal information from your linked social media channels (like name, email address, friend list, profile pictures or any other information that is permitted to be received as per your account settings) as a part of your account information.
- Information pertaining any other traveler(s) for who you make a booking through your registered Traventura account. In such case, you must confirm and represent that each of the other traveler(s) for whom a booking has been made, has agreed to have the information shared by you disclosed to us and further be shared by us with the concerned service provider(s).
- If you request Traventura to provide visa related services, then copies of your passport, bank statements, originals of the filled in application forms, photographs, and any other information which may be required by the respective embassy to process your visa application.
The Personal Information collected maybe used in the following manner:
While making a booking
While making a booking, we may use Personal Information including, payment details which include cardholder name, credit/debit card number (in encrypted form) with expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. as shared and allowed to be stored by you. We may also use the information of travelers list as available in or linked with your account. This information is presented to the User at the time of making a booking to enable you to complete your bookings expeditiously.
We may also use your Personal Information for several reasons including but not limited to:
- confirm your reservations with respective service providers;
- keep you informed of the transaction status;
- send booking confirmations either via sms or Whatsapp or any other messaging service;
- send any updates or changes to your booking(s);
- allow our customer service to contact you, if necessary;
- customize the content of our website, mobile site and mobile app;
- request for reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
- send verification message(s) or email(s);
- validate/authenticate your account and to prevent any misuse or abuse.
- contact you on your birthday/anniversary to offer a special gift or offer.
- We value opinions and comments from our Users and frequently conduct surveys, both online and offline. Participation in these surveys is entirely optional. Typically, the information received is aggregated, and used to make improvements to Website, other Sales Channels, services and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for members based on the results of the surveys. Identity of the survey participants is anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
- Marketing Promotions, Research and Programs:
- Marketing promotions, research and programs help us to identify your preferences, develop programs and improve user experience. Traventura frequently sponsors promotions to give its Users the opportunity to win great travel and travel related prizes. Personal Information collected by us for such activities may include contact information and survey questions. We use such Personal Information to notify contest winners and survey information to develop promotions and product improvements. As a registered User, you will also occasionally receive updates from us about fare sales in your area, special offers, new Traventura services, other noteworthy items (like savings and benefits on airfares, hotel reservations, holiday packages, car rentals and other travel services) and marketing programs.
- In addition, you may look forward to receiving periodic marketing emails, newsletters and exclusive promotions offering special deals.
- From time to time we may add or enhance services available on the Website. To the extent these services are provided, and used by you, we will use the Personal Information you provide to facilitate the service(s) requested. For example, if you email us with a question, we will use your email address, name, nature of the question, etc. to respond to your question. We may also store such Personal Information to assist us in making the Website the better and easier to use for our Users.
- Traventura may from time to time launch reward programs by way of which users may stand to win travel related rewards or other rewards. We may use your Personal Information to enroll you in the rewards program and status of the same will be visible each time you log in to the Website. Depending on the reward program, each time you win a reward, Traventura may share your Personal Information with a third party that will be responsible for fulfilling the reward to you. You may however choose to opt out of such reward programs by writing to us. For various purposes such as fraud detection, offering bookings on credit etc., we at times may verify information of customers on selective basis, including their credit information. Additionally, Traventura may share your Personal Information, anonymized and/ or aggregated data to a third party that Traventura may engage to perform certain tasks on its behalf, including but not limited to payment processing, data hosting, data processing and assessing credit worthiness for offering bookings on credit.
- Traventura will retain your Personal Information on its servers for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in this policy. In some circumstances we may retain your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with any legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
- Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by the business.
Service Providers and suppliers:
Your information shall be shared with the end service providers like airlines, hotels, bus service providers, cab rental, railways or any other suppliers who are responsible for fulfilling your booking. You may note that while making a booking with Traventura you authorize us to share your information with the said service providers and suppliers. It is pertinent to note that Traventura does not authorize the end service provider to use your information for any other purpose(s) except as may be for fulfilling their part of service. However, how the said service providers/suppliers use the information shared with them is beyond the purview and control of Traventura as they process Personal Information as independent data controllers, and hence we cannot be made accountable for the same. You are therefore advised to review the privacy policies of the respective service provider or supplier whose services you choose to avail.
Traventura does not sell or rent individual customer names or other Personal Information of Users to third parties except sharing of such information with our business / alliance partners or vendors who are engaged by us for providing various referral services and for sharing promotional and other benefits to our customers from time to time basis their booking history with us.
COMPANIES IN THE SAME GROUP:
In the interests of improving personalization and service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliate or associate entities. This will enable us to provide you with information about various products and services, both leisure- and travel-related, which might interest you; or help us address your questions and requests in relation to your bookings.
If the assets of Traventura are acquired, our customer information may also be transferred to the acquirer depending upon the nature of such acquisition. In addition, as part of business expansion/development/restructuring or for any other reason whatsoever, if we decide to sell/transfer/assign our business, any part thereof, any of our subsidiaries or any business units, then as part of such restructuring exercise customer information including the Personal Information collected herein shall be transferred accordingly.
BUSINESS PARTNERS and THIRD-PARTY VENDORS:
Traventura may share your Personal Information to third party that Traventura may engage to perform certain tasks on its behalf, including but not limited to payment processing, data hosting, and data processing platforms.
We use non-identifiable Personal Information of Users in aggregate or anonymized form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analysis of the collective characteristics and behavior of our customers and visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Website. We may provide anonymous statistical information based on this data to suppliers, advertisers, affiliates and other current and potential business partners. We may also use such aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites. Any Personal Information which we collect and which we may use in an aggregated format is our property. We may use it, in our sole discretion and without any compensation to you, for any legitimate purpose including without limitation the commercial sale thereof to third parties.
Occasionally, Traventura will hire a third party for market research, surveys etc. and will provide information to these third parties specifically for use in connection with these projects. The information (including aggregate cookie and tracking information) we provide to such third parties, alliance partners, or vendors are protected by confidentiality agreements and such information is to be used solely for completing the specific project, and in compliance with the applicable regulations.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In addition to the circumstances described above, Traventura may disclose User's Personal Information if required to do so:
- by law, required by any enforcement authority for investigation, by court order or in reference to any legal process;
- to conduct our business;
- for regulatory, internal compliance and audit exercise(s)
- to secure our systems; or
- to enforce or protect our rights or properties of Traventura or any or all of its affiliates, associates, employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing Personal Information of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
Such disclosure and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such disclosure and storage.